My God and My Gods--1

I know there is a program that rules me.

I can resist it but only so far.

God is a law that leaves me partly free.


Monte!  You have a convert.  I am Yours.

Some parts of me will always oppose You.

Your Peace may elude me.  So may Your Wars.


Yet and all I am Your loyal Subject.

I believe in Your Divine Comedy.

The World as blank or bad--that I reject.


                          *     *     *


There is a soul sparking in everything.

It's impish, silly, malign, and divine.

Gods inhere in a star, a toad, a ring.


Pan!  You have a believer.  You are All.

Inveigh against me Monte if you must.

Oh God forgive me!  I hear the Fauns call!


Monte and Pan!   I submit to You Both.

My self to You Both I offer gladly.

I love You Both deeply, wholly, madly.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Imaginary Conversations

Kantian Randomization

Then and Now