The Young Unitarian-Universalist's Sermon
We the people have power.
They will always try to separate us,
To convince us we are different,
We need to resist them to create us.
I am often dismissed as a dreamer,
There is power in our coming together,
The world is a dark and cold place,
A shadow unacknowledged is a tether.
The work must always start from within,
What is the fuel that makes your light shine?
The light of the chalice is indeterminate,
Love's messiness is the light that's mine.
I interviewed refugeess from Burma's civil war,
I had the privilege to go home,
It's impossible to live without doing harm,
I wished I could say I solved their troubles with an Om,
So my friends I want to ask you,
Will you let your fear keep you silent?
Or will you speak out and act
against what is cruel and violent?
The young man is like my mother, he believes deeply in the satanic and the divine,
Their faith never was and never will be mine.
Comments
Post a Comment