Peacefully I Resolve to End My Days

Peacefully I resolve to end my days,

I'll take quiet action against the blight,

It's better to fade away than to blaze.


In a Swiss meadow I'll soak up Sol's rays,

With my wife I'll hold hands, watch stars at night,

Peacefully I resolve to end my days.


I will stay calm, not give voice to my nays,

Only my family will know of my plight,

It's better to fade away than to blaze,


With young Hans I'll watch Settembrini's plays,

With Naphtha my darkness will take sweet flight,

Peacefully I resolve to end my days.


My anger could eat the Alps, drink up bays,

I will keep it bottled up, hold it tight.

It's better to fade away than to blaze.


Oh mother, please read to me on your chaise,

Your gentle voice once made my life go right,

Peacefully I resolve to end my days,

It's better to fade away than to blaze.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Fourth

At the Watchung Avenue Station

A Toast to My Daughter and to Paul (Libra)