My Wife's Villanelle to Me (Scorpio)

I warned you that I could not be contained,

You asked if I could play the tambourine,

I only play the git-tar I explained.


You asked me if I thought your band half-brained,

I told you there were worse ones I had seen,

I warned you that I could not be contained.


I ripped my chords with forearms deeply veined,

If you had tried you would have torn your spleen,

My fingers are a firebox I explained.


I could have blown you up but I refrained,

I showed my mastery on every screen,

I warned you that I could not be contained.


You asked if my regard for you remained,

If partnership for us was evergreen,

I said we'll never die as I've explained.


Clear memories of our meeting I've retained,

You'd just turned thirty I was still a teen, 

I'm not Miss Tambourine Girl I explained,

I warned you that I could not be contained.














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Fourth

At the Watchung Avenue Station